- Find local surgeons
- View before & after photos
- Procedure techniques
- Breast augmentation news
Find a doctor
in my area
Questions about Breast Augmentation?
Do you have questions about breast augmentation?
Connect with local plastic surgeons to get the answers you need.
Breast Augmentation News
- Process of finding the Plastic Surgeon for your Breast Augmentation near youAre you thinking about getting a breast augmentation? The first thing you need to do ... Read More »
- Cost of Breast Augmentation- Factors that affect its costBreast augmentation is not very recent development. The traces of the procedure were found in ... Read More »
Breast Augmentation Instructional Videos
The average cost of Breast Augmentation also known as augmentation mammaplasty is $5,950. This price usually will include all associated fees not just the surgeons fee. Now of course this all depends on your location and what style of Breast Implants you use. Breast Augmentation is the surgical placement of breast implants to increase fullness and projection of the breasts. Also it can improve the symmetry of the breasts.
There are two types of breast implants: saline and silicone.
Saline-filled implants are silicone shells filled with sterile salt water (saline).
Silicone-filled implants are silicone shells filled with a plastic gel (silicone).
Although many women say that silicone implants feel more like real breasts than saline, they pose more of a risk if they leak.
In 1992, the FDA halted the sale of silicone implants because of safety concerns. In 2006, after reviewing more research, the FDA started allowing certain silicone breast implants back on the market.
Interestingly, your geographic location plays a huge role in how much your breast implants will cost. Just like the cost of living and income levels vary from city to city, so
do breast implant quotes. Obviously, locations in New York and California will generally have higher than average costs associated with Breast Augmentation due to demand and local economic influences, whereas less populated and less metropolitan areas usually offer a lower price. However, keep in mind that physicians practicing Breast Augmentation on a regular basis in these metropolitan areas, although perhaps priced slightly higher, may offer the advantage of extensive experience from performing these procedures consistently and subsequently provide a better end result.
Questions you should ask your Breast Augmentation Specialist:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally-or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I a good candidate for breast enhancement or breast enlargement?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- Where and how will you perform my Breast Augmentation surgery?
- What shape, size, surface texturing, incision site and placement site are recommended for me?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- How many additional implant-related operations can I expect over my lifetime?
- How will my ability to breastfeed be affected?
- How can I expect my implanted breasts to look over time? After pregnancy? After breastfeeding?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my implanted breasts?
- How will my breasts look if I choose to have the implants removed in the future without replacement?
- Do you have Breast Augmentation before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?